Online Video Library Submission
ASBrS is launching an online video library in 2019 to coincide with the Annual Meeting.
We are now soliciting videos and invite you to submit your video to showcase your talents. There are several ways that you can help build the online library:
Submit a video for consideration in the “How I Do It” Video competition to be held at the 2019 Annual Meeting. For more information about the call for “How I Do it” Videos, click here. Deadline: November 8, 2018
Submit an oncoplastic surgery procedure video for consideration in the “Oncoplastics, How I Do It Now!” video competition to be held at the 2019 annual meeting. This opportunity is only open to graduates of an ASBS oncoplastic surgery course held in 2015 or later. For more information about the Call for “Oncoplastics, How I Do it Now!” Videos, click here. Deadline: January 15, 2019
Submit a video of one of the following procedures on our “priority video list” to be included in the online video library. For the Priority Video List, click here. Deadline: March 1, 2019
To facilitate video recording and production, the ASBS has acquired several head-mounted Sony video cameras that can be provided to you on a short-term loan to record your procedure. You may use our own video recorder. ASBrS media consent forms can also be provided upon request.
The ASBrS has also contracted with GIBLIB to help you edit your video. All you have to do is upload your full length video to GIBLIB’s online portal, indicate to them where edits or captions should be made, and they will do the rest. After GIBLIB completes the edits, you will be able to re-visit their portal, confirm the edits, and record a voiceover or provide one in written form. It's simple as that!
Please email any questions regarding the submission process to email@example.com or call 877-992-5470 (M-F 8:30 am– 5:00 pm ET).
Requirements for Video Submission
- To coordinate your submission contact Paul Bunn at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If needed, video recording equipment may be provided to you on loan by the ASBrS for recording of videos.
- Videos should be 5-6 minutes in length.
- Standard video file formats must be used, for example, MP4 file with the largest frame size (usually 1920x1080)
- Recommended file size is 300-600 MB. Upload speed will depend on the speed of your network.
- Videos should be high-quality and professionally edited.
- Professional video editing support and loaner, head-mounted video cameras are available to members to facilitate video production.
- Videos should include narration in English for the review process.
- Viewers should be oriented to the anatomy in the video.
- No music should be included in the video.
- Do not use copyrighted images.
- Vendor branding should be minimized wherever possible. Use generic names instead of brand names in your narration.
- Video consent forms will be required from surgeons and patients featured in each video.
- Include a slide with your disclosure statement at the beginning of your presentation.
- Inclusion of a PowerPoint slide at the beginning and/or the end of your video that outlines the procedure, indication for the procedure, and goals of the video is encouraged.
CME Clinical Content Validation
The American Society of Breast Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Before you submit your video, please keep in mind ACCME’s Policy on Content Validation: All the recommendations involving clinical medicine in a CME activity must be based on evidence that is accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in CME in support or justification of a patient care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection and analysis.